- How to prevent mosquito bites in Eastern & Central Virginia
- How to prevent mosquitoes in your yard
- Do citronella candles keep mosquitoes away?
- How do you keep mosquitoes away naturally?
- What is the most effective mosquito repellent in Eastern & Central Virginia?
- Do mosquito traps really work?
- Are mosquitoes attracted to light?
- What are the best plants to keep mosquitoes away?
No one wants to deal with mosquito bites. To keep you and your family safe from being bitten, it’s important to wear an EPA-approved repellent, long-sleeved dark clothing, and more.
To keep mosquitoes away from your yard, it’s important to make your property less attractive to them. One of the best things to do is to get rid of sources of standing water to eliminate breeding sites.
Citronella oil has been long known to be an effective mosquito repellent. However, citronella in the form of candles are not considered to be very reliable at preventing mosquitoes. Find out why.
Home remedies do not always work to keep mosquitoes away. Learn which DIY or all-natural mosquito prevention methods work, and which ones are just a myth.
Most mosquito repellent products contain either DEET or picaridin, two chemicals used to repel bugs. Time and time again, DEET has been named the gold standard for repelling mosquitoes.
Most mosquito traps function by luring in female mosquitoes. Although this won’t work for long-term mosquito control, traps can help keep mosquitoes away from your yard or property.
Mosquitoes use scent to locate hosts. Fragrant plants, then, can work as a natural repellent against mosquitoes. Find out what the best plants are to prevent mosquitoes in Eastern and Central Virginia.
Mosquito Prevention in Virginia
Serving the Henrico and Richmond VA area since 1960