Bed Bug Removal Services
Benefits of Professional Bed Bug Control
FAQ on Bed Bugs
It can be difficult to identify bed bugs unless you are very close. These tiny pests are only up to 5 mm in length, with nymphs much smaller. Adult bed bugs are brown in color but can appear more red after a blood meal. Nymphs on the other hand are nearly transparent, making it difficult to spot them on bedding.
Bed bugs survive on blood meals from their hosts (you!). These parasites feed every three to four days and feeding takes 3-12 minutes. Adults can survive months without a blood meal, lingering in furniture, suitcases and bags until they able to feed on a host again. Unlike fleas and other similar pests, bed bugs do not latch onto you and retreat after feeding.
Bed bugs are most known for their bites, which are usually not dangerous. Here’s what to know:
- When you are bitten by a bed bug, you will not feel it! Symptoms will usually appear hours to days after the bite.
- Bed bug bites can appear red in color with mild swelling or bumps. They can be very itchy, but should not be painful.
- Bed bug bites can be told apart from other bug bites by their pattern. They typically appear in straight or zigzag lines in areas of the body that are exposed while you sleep.
- Although rare, bed bug bites can cause more severe reactions such as welts. In this case, it’s crucial to seek medical attention!
Seeing live bed bugs themselves is a sign of an infestation. In addition to looking for bed bugs in your bed and other areas, there are several things to keep an eye out for. Some of the main bed bug signs include dark stains, blood stains, eggs or eggshells, and itchy bites on your own skin!
Bed bug problems are very common. To prevent an infestation, there are several things you can do:
- Take care while traveling. Before settling into your hotel, look for signs of bed bugs. Keep your luggage above ground, and be cautious when unpacking to avoid bringing bugs home with you.
- Be wary of used items. Before you purchase any secondhand furniture or other items, thoroughly inspect them for signs of bed bugs. If you see anything, ensure it is treated before bringing it in your home.
- Have your property inspected on a regular basis. Just as with any pest, bed bugs can be excellent hiders that are best sought out by a professional pest control company. Loyal even offers K-9 bed bug inspections for ultimate accuracy.
Bed bug heat treatment is typically considered to be the most effective bed bug treatment option. In any case, your bed bug exterminators will determine which treatment is best suited for your unique situation and your unique property. At Loyal Termite & Pest Control, we are proud to offer the industry’s most trusted treatments to ensure you are left bed bug-free.
Bed Bug Pest Control
At Loyal, we know how important it is to rid your home of bed bugs as soon as possible. We are proud to use K-9 bed bug detection, which allows us to pinpoint the spots in your property that are infested.
From there, we can create a more targeted, aggressive approach to your bed bug removal plan.
Need a Bed Bug Exterminator estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Industry-Leading Bed Bug Removal
Bed bugs can be very difficult to get rid of without the help of a bed bug exterminator. Along with our K-9 bed bug detective Hunter, the team at Loyal is proud to be setting the industry standard for exceptional bed bug removal services.
If you suspect that you have bed bugs in your home, it’s time to call the bed bug pest control experts at Loyal Termite & Pest Control!
Bed Bug Exterminator in Virginia
Serving the Henrico and Richmond VA area since 1960