How Do You Prevent Termites From Spreading in Eastern and Central Virginia?
In order to keep termites from spreading from house to house, or to prevent them whatsoever, it’s important to learn what may attract them to your property in the first place.
To prevent termites, get rid of excess moisture in the home by fixing leaky pipes, cleaning up debris, fixing damaged wood, and more. If you already have termites in or around your home, contact a professional termite exterminator right away. An expert is the key to stopping an infestation from spreading in your Virginia home or business.
How to Keep Termites From Spreading
In addition to regular treatments and inspections, there are several things you can do to make your property less attractive to termites. To prevent termites from spreading:
- Keep piles of lumber or firewood away from the foundation of your home, and eliminate any decaying lumber.
- Regularly inspect your deck, patio, or outdoor furniture for signs of damage.
- Remove dead trees and branches from areas surrounding your yard.
- Eliminate sources of standing water in or near the home as well as any moisture problems, such as a leaky faucet or broken water pipe.
- Make sure your yard has good drainage, avoid excess mulch, and clean out gutters regularly.
- Be cautious of areas in the home where wood is in contact with soil.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Can Termites Spread From One House to Another?
How Do You Prevent Termites From Spreading in Central and Eastern Virginia? in Virginia
Serving the Henrico and Richmond VA area since 1960