How Can I Prevent Termites Naturally?
All-natural or DIY methods can possibly work to repel or prevent termites. However, they will not hold up against an active termite infestation.
It’s understandable why some people may be wary of chemical-laden treatments and want to turn toward more natural ways to prevent termites. Some of the all-natural methods used to prevent termites include orange oil, cardboard traps, diatomaceous earth, and boric acid. These all may be effective to repel termites, but they will not be effective to control an active termite problem.
Can I Get Rid of Termites With Natural Products?
Using natural methods to prevent termites can occasionally work. However, these methods will not work to get rid of an active infestation in your home or business. Termite infestations can be massive, and DIY control is typically not an option. To get rid of termites, it’s important to get the industry’s best termite treatments administered by highly trained pest control professionals.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
All-Natural Termite Prevention
While these may or may not work, there are several all-natural methods that could help prevent or repel termites from your home or business:
- Diatomaceous earth: Used to control many types of garden pests, this can be mixed with soil, water, or paint to help keep termites away.
- Nematodes: Certain groups of parasitic nematodes are known to feed on termites, making them a natural form of biological control.
- Cardboard traps: These are often effective because they contain the cellulose that attracts termites. The hope is that any nearby termites will gather near the trap, which can then be disposed of by burning.
- Sunlight: Termites are very sensitive to sunlight; exposing infested furniture to daylight can kill off any hiding termites.
- Orange oil: This can be sprayed into high-risk areas for termites, including crawl spaces and attics.
- Boric acid: Available in liquid or dust form, boric acid works to kill termites and other pests in or near the home.
Termite Prevention: All-Natural or Professional?
At the end of the day, your surest bet to staying termite-free is working with a professional pest control company. To avoid having to prevent termites on your own altogether, contact the termite exterminators at Loyal Termite & Pest Control.
How Can I Prevent Termites Naturally? in Virginia
Serving the Henrico and Richmond VA area since 1960