What Are the Signs of a Termite Infestation?
Termites are rarely seen, making it important to know how to look for the signs of termites in your home or business. Hollowed-out wood, shed wings, mud tubes, and frass are a few of the common signs you have a termite infestation.
Noticing any of the following signs of termites indicates a termite infestation:
- Termite droppings (frass)
- Damaged or hollowed-out wood
- Swarmer termites inside or outside the home
- Mud tubes around the foundation of homes
- Blisters in wood floors
- Cracked or bubbling paint
- Small holes in drywall
- Shed wings
Where to Look For Signs of Termites in Your Virginia Home
- Signs of termite activity. Like any pest or insect, termites will leave behind signs of the presence with their droppings (also known as frass). Frass looks like tiny pellets. Also keep an eye out for termite wings that are often shed in piles, as well as swarming termites (which are often confused for flying ants).
- Signs of termite damage. If you notice holes in your walls, mud tubes or cracks near the home’s foundation, blisters in wood floors, or peeling paint on walls, you may have termites. If you knock on any wood to be infested and hear a hollow noise in return, it could be the result of termites.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
How to Know if You Have a Termite Infestation
What Are the Signs of a Termite Infestation? in Virginia
Serving the Henrico and Richmond VA area since 1960