Even though most types of spiders are completely harmless, no one wants an excessive amount of spiders in their homes! To keep spiders out of your property, it’s important to learn the ways you can prevent them!
Like most pests, spiders move indoors to find food and shelter. Keeping them out requires sealing your home against them. Read on to learn Loyal’s top spider prevention tips.
Need a pest control estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
How to Prevent Spiders in 5 Steps
As with all pests, the best form of spider control is prevention! To prevent a spider infestation, there are several ways you can lessen the risk of spiders getting indoors in the first place:
- Locate and seal any potential entry points around your foundation, walls, or windows to stop spiders from crawling in.
- Always inspect boxes and pieces of furniture for egg sacs or live spiders before moving them indoors.
- Maintain a clean, tidy home to prevent the many types of insects that spiders prey on.
- Place sticky traps in specific rooms to monitor spider activity.
- Keep your grass mowed and all vegetation trimmed. Spiders are attracted to bushes, shrubs, woodpiles, and compost piles in your yard.
All-Natural Spider Prevention
It’s understandable why so many people are interested in all-natural pest control. Although DIY methods rarely work to control an infestation, there are several all-natural methods that may help ward off spiders. A fine layer of diatomaceous earth sprinkled around the perimeter of your property will kill any spider that crawls across it. In addition, peppermint, tea-tree, citrus, and eucalyptus essential oils are all known to deter spiders. While all-natural repellents aren’t proven to work every time, they may help reduce the likelihood of an infestation.
Professional Spider Prevention
When it comes to spider removal, it’s recommended to call a spider exterminator. The experts at Loyal Pest Control can conduct a thorough property inspection to determine how spiders are getting indoors and will implement spider control treatment as necessary.
We can also help you learn how to prevent future spider infestations from starting—call today!Back to Spider Exterminator
Spider Prevention Tips in Virginia
Serving the Henrico and Richmond VA area since 1960