Mosquitoes are one of the most annoying pests. Especially in the summer months or in warmer weather, a mosquito problem can quickly ruin any outdoor event. For this reason, it’s important to know how to prevent mosquitoes from infesting your yard.
Although there a number of store-bought products that can be used to repel mosquitoes, the most effective mosquito prevention are implemented by a professional pest control company such as Loyal Termite & Pest Control.
Need a pest control estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Mosquito Prevention For Your Yard
Loyal’s mosquito control services are centered around permanent solutions and effective prevention. To achieve this, it’s important to eliminate the conditions under which mosquitoes thrive. A few of our expert tips for preventing mosquitoes in your yard include:
- Removing standing water: To be able to reproduce, mosquitoes need a source of standing water. Puddles, planters, buckets, ponds, and even tarps that provide standing water should be covered or removed.
- Plant a garden: Rosemary, citronella, and marigolds are just three of the many types of plants known to naturally repel mosquitoes.
- Get the air moving: Mosquitoes do not like a windy atmosphere. If you have a covered patio, consider installing a ceiling fan or place an outdoor standing fan to avoid still air.
DIY Ways to Prevent Mosquitoes
Although there are a number of store-bought mosquito control products that claim to be effective, most are not a long-term solution for preventing mosquitoes. The most popular mosquito control products you can buy at the store include:
- Spray repellent: While it might keep mosquitoes at bay for a short time, spray repellents are not guaranteed and constantly need to be reapplied.
- Citronella products or candles: While popular, these only work in a limited area and for a short period of time.
- Chemical sprays: Spraying chemicals around your property may prove effective for a while, but it does not last. Chemical-laced products are not good for the environment and can be dangerous for humans, too.
Professional Mosquito Prevention
If you’re a property owner, the last thing you want to deal with is a swarm of mosquitoes in your yard. In addition to being annoying, mosquitoes can bite and are infamous for transmitting diseases worldwide. By implementing preventative measures and working with the mosquito exterminators at Loyal, you can protect your property from these insects year-round. Call us today for more information on our mosquito prevention services!Back to Mosquito Control
Preventing Mosquitoes in Your Yard in Virginia
Serving the Henrico and Richmond VA area since 1960