As a business, Loyal Termite & Pest Control is committed to protecting people, therefore we are closely monitoring the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation and providing informative updates to our customers via our websites and direct communications. In the interim, we want to reassure you that we are taking steps to remove potential risk factors, both for you in your day-to-day interactions and in those with our Colleagues.
1. How is Loyal Termite & Pest Control working to help protect its customers and Colleagues?
To best protect our customers and Colleagues, we are focused on education. With our Colleagues, we continue to reinforce the enhanced need for good hygiene practices during this period of heightened concern around Coronavirus Disease 2019, such as the importance of frequent hand washing and cleaning with disinfectant for common areas.
Loyal Termite & Pest Control Colleagues who are sick are encouraged to speak with their Manager and stay home when they are ill.
2. If my Pest Specialist is diagnosed with Coronavirus, what precautions has the organization established to prevent exposure to me or my family?
We are taking all precautions to reduce the chances that a Loyal Termite & Pest Control Colleague would have exposure to Coronavirus. However, should one of our Colleagues be diagnosed with Coronavirus, we will:
- We are educating our Colleagues on the signs and symptoms of the virus. If a Colleague feels ill, they have been instructed to not continue to work and to notify their manager immediately.
- If a Colleague has been diagnosed, we will remove that Colleague from their work environment or service route immediately.
- We will follow all U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health department guidance on notifying anyone who has been in close contact with that individual.
- Guidelines have been established to maintain our Colleague’s privacy by following all Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) guidelines.
3. Should I alert Loyal Termite & Pest Control if a member of my household is diagnosed with Coronavirus Disease 2019?
Out of an abundance of caution, we ask that if you or a member of your household is diagnosed with Coronavirus Disease 2019, that you please alert Loyal Termite & Pest Control by calling our Customer Service Center. Customer confidentiality is of the utmost importance and this information will only be used to help us modify your service plan to ensure your home remains protected from pests.
Loyal Termite & Pest Control is committed to doing our part to limit the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 in our communities. Because Coronavirus Disease 2019 can be spread person-to-person, if you or another member of your household is diagnosed with Coronavirus Disease 2019, your Loyal Termite & Pest Control District Manager will contact you to discuss modified service options for a limited period of time.
4. How do I keep up-to-date on Coronavirus Disease 2019?
You can keep up-to-date with local government guidance and the current recommendations with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the CDC.
5. How contagious is Coronavirus Disease 2019?
According to the CDC, it is important to note that how a virus can spread from person to person will vary greatly. Sustained person-to-person spread in the community has been reported in countries around the world. As this is an evolving situation, there is still more to learn about the transmissibility and severity of Coronavirus Disease 2019. Visit the CDC website for more information.
6. What can individuals do to prevent the spread of the virus?
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. (Close contact is defined as 6 feet.)
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray and wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for a minimum of 30 seconds.