Dealing with a pest infestation is frustrating enough. But dealing with wild animals on your property can be even worse! Whether you have squirrels in your attic, raccoons nesting under your porch, or some other type of wild animal trying to take up space in your property, it’s important to take immediate action.
Wild animals can wreak havoc inside and outside your property. Even worse, they can be unpredictable, making it dangerous to remove them yourself. Read on to learn Loyal’s top tips for preventing wildlife from invading your property.
Need a pest control estimate?
5 Tips to Prevent Wildlife on Your Property
To avoid the frustration of dealing with wildlife removal, it’s important to learn how to prevent wild animals from invading your property in the first place. The five ways you can lessen the risk of wild animals on your property include:
- Cover vents and openings: Dryer vents are warm and appealing, especially to squirrels or smaller animals. Cover the opening of a dryer vent with a piece of wire mesh cloth or screening to keep wild animals out!
- Chimney protection: A chimney provides the perfect opportunity for nesting and it can attract raccoons, birds, bats, and squirrels. Inexpensive screens, hardware netting, and chimney caps can all be used to protect your chimney.
- Protect your porch: The space beneath porches and decks is a perfect spot for many animals to make a new home. Mesh, wood, or hardware cloth barriers can keep animals out.
- Cover overhangs and gutters: Overhangs provide a place for birds, squirrels, and raccoons to take refuge. Make sure to cut back any tree branches near the home and consider investing in enclosed gutters.
- Keep a tidy yard: Make sure to keep garbage sealed, and clean up any debris or leaf piles to avoid attracting wildlife in your yard.
Wildlife Control and Removal Services
If you’ve done all you can to prevent wildlife and still have animals in your property or yard, it’s important to never try to remove the animals yourself. Wild animals can be unpredictable and are best handled by a professional. The wildlife removal experts at Loyal Pest Control can humanely and safely remove opossums, raccoons, snakes, and squirrels. Call us today to learn more!Back to Wildlife Removal
Prevent Wildlife from Entering Your Home in Virginia
Serving the Henrico and Richmond VA area since 1960