As individuals across the world make great strides to preserve our planet and increase consumer awareness for environmentally responsible initiatives, the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) is excited to offer the world’s largest and most credible green certification program for pest management professionals - GreenPro.
GreenPro is a widely respected program offered by QualityPro Certified pest management companies that have proven their commitment to offering service that is effective and environmentally-friendly. Earned by less than 1% of companies in the United States, this certification demonstrates not only a commitment to professionalism but provides an easy way for consumers to identify and be confident in their selection of a green service.
The GreenPro certification means that your pest management provider must comply with a multitude of qualifications to ensure that you receive a safe and effective service each time they arrive at your door.
GreenPro is the most widely recognized certification available to companies in the pest management industry.
- It has the most comprehensive standards of any available program.
- Requires companies that participate to submit to independent audits.
- Service technicians, salespersons, and managers must be trained, tested and recertified.
In addition to green pest management service standards, participating companies are also evaluated on business operations, such as criminal background checks, reference checks, drug screening and more, prior to being able to participate in GreenPro.
It’s easy to go green…
When you are ready to hire a GreenPro company, it’s easy to get started. Just enter your zip code in the locator field at the top-right of the screen and know you’ve made the right decision for your family and the environment.
What is green pest management?
When hiring a GreenPro company for your pest management needs, understand that the technician sent to your account must meet tough standards to ensure that you receive an environmentally responsible service. This kind of service is frequently called integrated pest management (IPM), though GreenPro standards go beyond the requirements of traditional IPM. A GreenPro service includes:
- The company must first inspect and monitor the property.
- If the company finds a pest problem, it will first eliminate the sources of food, water, and shelter that pests need to survive (for example, they may seal cracks, recommend the installation of screens or remove debris from the exterior of the building).
- If they need to use a pesticide, they will use products in a manner that minimizes any risk to people, pets or the environment.
- Before making a traditional pesticide application, they must first discuss it with you and obtain your consent.
GreenPro is the mark of excellence in pest management. This program is increasing the professionalism of the industry through self-regulation; stimulating consumer demand through increased confidence and a higher public perception of industry professionalism, and providing marketing opportunities to participating companies by recognizing commitment to excellence and higher performance standards. For more information, visit www.certifiedgreenpro.org.