Do I have Bed Bugs?
“Do I Have the Signs of Bedbugs?”
Back some 40 years ago there was a pop hit entitled “Signs Signs Everywhere a Sign .” Basically it was about how signs are sometimes ignored. Some signs can be ignored while others definitely shouldn’t be ignored. Loyal Termite & Pest Control has published this article to provide you with the answer to this question: do I have bed bugs?
Isn’t The Bed Bug Under Control?
If you were able to step back in time too, say, the early 1940’s you would find that the bed bug seemed to be largely eradicated as pests in the developed world. Their apparent demise kept us off guard until their resurgence in 1995.
Since then bed bug infestations of human habitats has been on the increase as have reports of bedbug bites and related conditions. The causes of this resurgence remain unclear.Among the reasons may be:
- An increase in foreign travel,
- More frequent exchange of second-hand furnishings among homes,
- The neglect of bedbug countermeasures,
- Their increasing resistance to pesticides.
Whatever the reason, they’re back…and with a fury.
Why Should I Care?
Unless you have experienced a bed bug infestation up close and personal, the bed bug probably remains an out of sight, out of mind kind of thing. Remember this; the bed bug is a human parasite. It is an insect with the ability to quickly multiply. Signs of bed bugs often go unnoticed. The bed bug is a survivor. This is why your friends at K-9 Pest Detectors want you to be able to recognize the signs of bed bugs.
If left untreated bed bugs will colonize your home. You will find them harder to eradicate which translates into more expense, anxiety, and embarrassment. Perhaps the better question is “why didn’t I care before?”
Your Guide to Recognizing the Signs of Bedbugs.
Here are some things to look for if you suspect that the bed bug has taken up residency in your home.
- The presence of itching bites
- Fecal spots
- Molted skins
If you miss early detection, the result may well be a heavy infested your home. At this stage the signs of bedbugs become more noticeable. They include an offensive, sweet, musty scent released from the bed bug sweat glands. If you are noticing these signs of bedbug infestation it is time to call Loyal Termite & Pest Control.
How Can I Tell If It’s a Bed Bug?
Among the more prominent signs of bed bugs is their physical presence. You’ll be able to recognize a bed bug by making note of the following:
- Adult bed bugs are reddish brown, wingless, can easily be seen with the naked eye, and are about the size of an apple seed.
- Immature bed bugs are also visible to the naked eye but they are smaller than adults, and translucent whitish-yellow.
- Bed bug eggs are also tiny, about the size of the head of a pin.
- Depending on their feeding cycle an unfed bed bug can look like a flat disc. Once the bed bug downs its meal of blood it blows up like a balloon.
In its ongoing effort to protect you from the battle of the bed bug Loyal Termite & Pest Control invites you to learn more about the answer to your question: Do I have bed bugs? Call or contact us today.